Things Aren’t Always As They Seem

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Life's leason

So I decided that I needed somewhere that was for me. I blog all the time about the kids and what they are doing, but what about me. Not that I am ever doing anything that is noteworthy, but I have thoughts sometimes that are unrelated to the children. So here I am, if you dare to read on you will get a glimpse into my crazy mind. Lately I have been thinking about how the Lord, or whatever you chose to call the higher power in your life, guides our lives. I think that sometimes we are sent people that change you forever and I think sometimes you go somewhere and see something that changes how you think. I have been reading some great books lately and I keep coming across a theme. Which is kinda a funny thing since when I went back and tried to find it I could not. I had someone else read it and they didn't get the same things I did. Anyways, that what I mean by being guided and lead. So here is what I have learned over the last few weeks. The art of comparing oneself to another is an ancient one. I learned that it is even mentioned in the Bible. The Lord counsels them to focus on their own mission and not in others. Kinda telling us to cheer them on but know that our own mission in unique and that they cannot out do us since we are on different paths. Which made me think. I have a true problem with comparing myself with other women. It seems that from the outside everyones life seems so sweet and exciting. I have learned that it is not the same path as mine so we cannot create the same masterpiece. It has freed me to not only view myself in a better light but those around me as I see that we are all creating or fulling our own journey, yours is yours and mine is mine. I think it is like the whole apple oranges thing. It has really changed how I view my life. The other thing that I learned was from a child that came to visit us the other day. She was talking about how she loved how organized our house is. I thought, WHAT??? You see I am not one of those people that is very organized or scheduled, schedules and lists make me want to run screaming down the street! So I thought this strange comment over as I was going about my day. What I learned was that I was doing a way better job at running my house then I thought I was. You see I can tell the little ones where to get their things and which side of the closet the school clothes are on. Now don't get me wrong, we have piles of laundry and the sink occasionally overflows with dirty dishes, but that is not the point. I am doing better than I thought. All in all these last few weeks have taught me to appreciate what I am doing well better, give myself, and other a break, and to enjoy the journey more. Better than before!!

2 comments:

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Great post Stacy! I just love your outlook on life---its so inspiring! :) really!

And YES you need to give yourself come credit---you are a great FUN, funny mom! Dirty laundry and dishes should never be the determine factor on a GOOOOD mother!