Things Aren’t Always As They Seem

Friday, July 17, 2009

Hole? What hole?

I might be in love. The little one picked this skirt out for the first day of school. She picked the fabric and the sparkly ribbon and the pattern. Everything in this skirt is her. I was finishing sewing the third tier to the second, very end of the project and caught the second in the serger. YICKES. Big hole in the middle on the second tier about 5 inches long. What to do.... I ran to the ladies at Bernina's and found her old dance teacher that suggested I do applique with one of the flowers from the bottom fabric. So the lovely ladies helped me learn this new skill. I really love it. I think I might put a little appliqué on everything I own. I am making her a shirt match by putting a flower from the fabric on it too. Look for that by Monday when school starts!!!

1 comment:

Jacque said...

I love it! I would have never thought to do that, even though I've done the applique' before. Way to go mom! Now she'll be even more excited for the first day of school...which is still so weird to me, didn't they just get out of school? I love the fabric she picked out.