Things Aren’t Always As They Seem

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Too busy

So these last few days have been super crazy. I feel like we are never home and when we are there is way more to do then time. Anyone else feel like that? I keep telling myself that it might be time to simplify. Here lies the problem, what goes? School, um, no not that one, dance, can't look at their happy faces and cut that one, soccer, well only 3 more weeks on that one. Doesn't seem like much when you write it down but here is how our day goes..
6:30 Kids UP
8:00 Leave for school
8:30 Drop at school
9:00 Drop at Pre-K
9:15 Walking/Running Group
11:15 Pick up Pre-K
Lunch, Naps
3:30 Pick up school
4:45 Dance or soccer
Dinner homework..
8:00 Bed
Makes me so tired thinking about it. When do I eat or sleep or do anything else!
This made me wonder what to do about this feeling of panic that follows me around all day. How in the world can I stop feeling like my head is chopped off and I am running around like a chicken with their head cut off. Here is what I came up with.

We are all in this time of life when things are crazy. There is too much to do in a day then any human could do. I really mean that, the house can never be all clean and the dishes done and some nutritional meal on the table. I suppose you can do it all if your kids stay in bed all day and nobody ever eats. I think that might not make for the best childhood or for very happy kids. I decided that when you can't change your crazy you need to embrace it. I need to find the feeling of calmness and serenity even when we are running around trying to find everyones second shoe. Why can't shoes stay together, seems like one has always wondered off to some bizarre location. I am trying to figure out how to find the calmness in the craziness. Anyone have any real secrets??

1 comment:

bethany said...

Um, no. Wish I did though. Your day sounds way busier than mine-probably because I've got more naptime in there :) I don't think we are supposed to do everything-my house is certainly NEVER all clean. As soon as one room gets clean, it seems that all the others get messy. Such is life I guess :)