Things Aren’t Always As They Seem

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What a WHINER!

So I feel like I have been a bit of a whiner lately. I hate this and that and everyone is stupid. I am not saying that I don't hate like 99% of my life right now and don't think that 99% of the people I know are stupid. That is most likely the truth. Don't you want to move in and be my neighbor? Life has been pretty hard lately. There have been a lot of things going on. Anyone that knows me knows that I am not a talker. I am more of a, yes my right hand is hanging by just skin, how has your day been, nice weather we are having. Not one to talk about my real troubles, I will whine but you usually never get a real good idea of what is wrong. I do it to myself. Somewhere along the way I just don't trust people with my feelings. I am just sure they are waiting to abandon me or betray me. Don't take it personal it is more of a blanket statement.

I am thinking what can I do to get out of this rut. You see you can't change where you live or your kids or the people around you. My mother went through some tough stuff in her past and was told she had situational depression. Well, good to know, but are you supposed to sit around and wait for you situation to change? What if your situation doesn't have a change in sight, what if your situation is just life? So I am going to try and be more thankful for what is good. I know that it isn't going to be easy and sometimes my things are going to be dumb. Sometimes you can't find anything else to be happy about but that you had shampoo in the shower. So here goes day one.
I am thankful for
BEDTIME
love it when it is quiet
I get time to sit
means I am not in charge
I get at least a few minutes of sleep
I made it through the day

4 comments:

bethany said...

That is definitely something I am grateful for too. I might even venture to say that it is my FAVORITE time of the day :)

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry! That sucks. I think you're at a really tough time in life, where every bit of your energy is sucked out of you by your kids. It's okay to feel down. For me, I keep thinking, a year from now this will all be different. I think you are supermommy and are doing awesome!

April said...

We all deserve our chance to whine! Go ahead and take it!

I've found with my unchangable situations...I just have to find what I can change and do it. Whether it's new paint, getting rid of old things, rearranging a room or redecoration...I just have to change something. It helps for a moment at least!

Oh, and I don't tell you everything either! :)

One day, when our kids have grown and are gone...we will miss these days, or so I've heard. I am still looking forward to that day! :) I'm really starting to believe that is the true joy of parenthood...to raise your kids to be mature adults who can move out and live their own lives!

Jacque said...

I agree with April. Whine away! Although there are people that may say it's not healthy to whine, I say that it's not healthy to keep it all in.
As far as the trusting people with your feelings...I agree there too. We all hold back just enough to feel safe. People never cease to amaze me. Sometimes you feel like you can, and then they go and do something that tells you otherwise. Can't say I'm 100% perfect, but hope you'll at least tell me when I'm being stupid.
Hope you guys are getting better over there so that we can all play again.
ps, you are now officially on my "cool" list.