Things Aren’t Always As They Seem

Friday, October 30, 2009

A fish out of water

Do you ever have an experience where you are surrounded by people and still feel alone? I think everyone feels like that sometimes. I kind of hope that everyone feels like that sometimes. I would hate to think that I am the only one that feels like they don't belong with people. As you might notice this blog is a place for me to put things that I want my kids to read one day. I want my girls to know that even when you get big you might still feel like you are the strange one in the group. The one that just doesn't fit with the other pieces of the puzzle. See you are a four sided piece and all the others are three sided pieces. I think it is ok to feel like this sometimes. Helps you learn your real place in the world and what is really important. Sometimes you have to live somewhere that you don't friend soul friends. You know people that you will know and love into the Eternities. Yes, it isn't the best time in your life and you feel alone and isolated but you have to remember that you are there to learn something. See it is easier to hand this to them then it is to say, you are going through a trial to learn something. I think nobody wants to hear things like that ever! But it doesn't make it any less true. So trial, I want to know what I am supposed to learn so you can go away.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

I guess I am shocked to hear that you feel like a fish out of water because when I first met you, I would have thought you could strike up a conversation and make just about anybody feel at home. You did me at least. Don't worry, we all feel that way though. Thanks for coming anyway.