Things Aren’t Always As They Seem

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

About You

So I have been checking out all my new friends blogs. I have to say that it feel a little bit like starting a book on the middle pages. I feel like wait a minute. I am confused. Doesn't take much! I want to know about you. I want to be able to understand your point of view more. I am going to introduce myself to all of you and I hope you will do the same on your blog so I can get to know you better.

I am Stacy. I have been gifted with four lovely children. Well, sometimes they are lovely and sometimes I want to poke my eyes out. I still love them. They are 7, 5, 3, 1. It gets really loud around here most days. I got my college degree in Sociology and yes I am analyzing everything you say. I have insomnia and I suffer from a panic disorder. I am sure they are related. I mean who can sleep when stressed and who can not be stressed when you don't sleep?? Most days I am sure that someone I love dearly is going to come to some tragic end. Doesn't ever happen, you would think I would learn.
My husband is wonderful but he is gone a ton of the time with work. I am lucky to have some good friends that help me out when I am all alone. When your kids are throwing up you have to have someone go to the store for you. Not sure anyone would enjoy a kid with a bucket in the grocery store.
I love to take pictures. Not of people but of things. I really hate taking people pictures. I am not joining that crusade. I like only having my own vision and expectations to deal with. Not sure when I will really get into it but one day when I am not hauling the whole crew around with me. I am here to tell you, they don't find nature as fun as me yet. And they tend to find trouble when I am the least bit distracted.
I like to sew. See I did not say love. I find it relaxing. My seam ripper and I know each other all too well. But I do like it and I think I am getting better at it. Time will tell. Maybe one day I can learn to follow a pattern. One day maybe!!!
What other juicy thing to tell? I love people. I love meeting new people with different experiences and points of view. I love when you don't think the same way as me. I love when we can respect each other and love each other anyway. I love hearing your story. So give it up. Share with me. I want to know what makes you YOU!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Hi Stacey, Ok so in a shortened version..here goes..I met my hubs when I was 25, went out for 2 years and married, we have 2 girls 17 and 21, I have a bachelors in sociology as well, and a masters in social work,(and I don't analyze when Im not working, its true..!)in 1998 I was diagnosed with a very serious blood illness but recovered completely, it took a few years but here I am healthy as can be. I went to art school in 2004 so as to have a break from paying my huge student loans and I fell in love with art stuff, Im 6 credits short of an AA in art, but Im not going back to get that any time soon. I work at a non profit during the day but have a lot of flexibility in my job...on the side I drive a limo to help pay for kids college, I have 1 in now and 1 starting in Sept..my hubs also has a full time job and has a side business too..we are a happy people..we laugh a lot, about very weird stuff and are very home bodyish..and thats all for now. Have great day..!

Liseylew said...

Ok Stacy thanks for sharing! Here goes... I am an only child, met my dream guy when I was 17, married at 18! I have 3 kiddos ages 16,15,
and 13. Because I married and had children so young, I never went to college. I stayed home with the little ones until they were all in school. I started working part time then a few years later, started doing hair. After I did hair for a while, I started teaching hair at a cosmetology school.. about 2 years ago I decided to get my real estate license.
personality traits? shy... for a minute. lazy, my hubby is a better housekeeper than me... the guilt!!
I love to cook when I have time. I too love to take pictures of things! I LOVE a good book ( hence the lazyness and bad housekeeping skills)!! My kids are athletice and I spend endless hours getting them to practice and competions... thats me in a nut shell :)

Melissa said...

Aw, fun! I will link up and play tomorrow :)